The Treasurer’s Office is responsible to safeguard, maintain and invest more than $185 million in County funds.
Our commitment is to provide excellence in public services. The St. Clair County Treasurer’s office exists simply as a resource which enables the public to benefit from the tax dollars they are required to pay.
Our goals include:
- Maintaining professional courtesy and integrity
- Having a proactive attitude in raising technical or business related issues
- Insuring that all County money is secure, liquid as needed and invested at a fair market or higher rate
- Holding all tax money prior to distribution at fair market or higher rates
- Providing more information about property tax exemptions, programs and procedures.