In an effort to make the county website and its associated services available to the broadest range of users, the following steps will be taken to ensure accessibility:
- The Webmaster (or other individual with approval rights) will review the site on a quarterly basis for the following:
- Check the HTML of all new web pages. Make sure that accessible elements are used, including alt tags, long descriptions, and captions, as needed.
- If images are used, including photos, graphics, scanned images, or image maps, make sure to include alt tags and/or long descriptions for each.
- If you use online forms and tables, make those elements accessible.
- When posting documents on the website, always provide them in HTML or a text-based format (even if you are also providing them in another format, such as Portable Document Format (PDF)).
- The Webmaster will train other individuals with approval rights on the technical aspects of the conditions listed above.
- All new pages submitted will be checked for compliance with the conditions listed above before approval and publishing.
- Information pertaining to website accessibility can be reviewed at the following website: http://www.ada.gov/websites2.htm.