St. Clair County Dog Park
St. Clair County Dog Park is located in the City of Belleville, in west-central St. Clair County off South 11th Street, less than ¼ mile South of Illinois Route 15. The park has 2 separate fenced in areas, 2 small benches and a water spicket.
Hours – Dawn to Dusk
Engelmann Farm is located in the Village of Shiloh, Shiloh Valley Township, in north-central St. Clair County off Shiloh Station Road, 1/3rd mile south of Lebanon Avenue. Engelmann Farm is the former 1833 homestead of Friedrich Engelmann, who represented the first great surge of German migration to Illinois. The park includes 2 open-air picnic pavilions with 1 table at each, a walking trail and benches along the trail. The site also includes two homesteads circa 1860 and 1900 and a private historic cemetery, which is not officially part of the park.
Hours – Dawn to Dusk
Foley Park is located in Smithton Township in west-central St. Clair County off Douglas Road approximately 2 miles west of Illinois 159 (South of Belleville). Foley Park is the site of a former coal strip mine. The park includes numerous park benches, 5 open-air pavilions with picnic tables, 1 baseball field, four fishing lakes (approximately 10 acres) and 4 portable restrooms (2 handicap accessible).
February 15th through April 30th: 7:00a – 3:30p
May 1st through Labor Day Weekend: 8:00a – 8:00
September 5th through October 15th : 8:00a – 5:00p
October 14th through February 14th : Closed
Current Fishing Rules and Pavilion Rental information can be found at the Foley Park office or by calling 618-476-1907
No bathing, swimming, wading, or any type of boat use is permitted in the ponds
No ice fishing, ice skating, or sledding shall be permitted in the Park
No Pets allowed unless they are service, support, or guide dogs with proper paperwork.
St. Ellen Park
St. Ellen Park is located on the western edge of the City of O’Fallon, Caseyville Township, in north-central St. Clair County and is accessed off West Highway 50 to St. Ellen Mine Road. The park was the site of a former coal mining operation, it includes numerous park benches, an upper and lower walking trail system, 1 open-air pavilion with picnic tables, 2 bike racks, 4 small lakes and 2 handicap accessible portable restrooms.
Silver Creek Preserve
Silver Creek Preserve is located in Freeburg Township just south of Mascoutah in east-central St. Clair County off Brickyard Road. The Silver Creek Preserve is former farm ground located in the Silver Creek floodplain. The Park includes a walking trail with 4 covered picnic tables, informative local nature sign plates donated by Girl Scout Troop 313, 1 open-air pavilion, men’s/women’s restroom building and a Silver Creek overlook.
No fishing, boating, bathing, wading or swimming permitted
Tecklenberg Forest Preserve
Tecklenberg Woods is located in Stookey Township adjacent to the City of Belleville in north-west St. Clair County near the intersection of Illinois 161 and Dutch Hollow Road. The property is a hilly, wooded area with no official access point, which was deeded to the County in 1946 by former State’s Attorney Fred J. Tecklenberg for use as a forest in the natural state, as near as may be, and not as a public park.
General Rules for All St. Clair County Parks
- Guests must dispose of all litter in the proper receptacles.
- Fires are not permitted at anytime unless previously authorized by the Park Superintendent
- Park equipment, building or structures are not to be removed, marked, damaged or climbed on by any guests,
- No firearms, shooting, trapping or hunting of any wildlife are permitted
- Peddlers or vendors are not permitted on Park property
- All vehicles must stay on road ways or parking areas
- No unlicensed motor vehicles of any kind are allowed in the Park, this includes but not limited to snow mobiles, go carts, dirt bikes, ATV’s, and all other side by sides or terrain vehicles.
- No Disorderly Conduct
- No glass containers permitted in the Park
- No Alcoholic beverages including beer or other controlled substances allowed in the Park.
- Any speed limit signs should be strictly observed
- Guardians must accompany all minors under 15 years of age
- Ride Share, and overnight parking on Park property is not permitted.