Certified copies of birth and death records for persons who were born or who died in St. Clair County from 1878 to the present for death records, and from 1874 to the present for birth records, are issued, maintained and when appropriate, provided. Birth certificates certify the date and place of a person's birth and parentage. Death certificates certify the date, place, and cause of death. Such documents are often required for identification or to establish eligibility for certain services or benefits.
- Birth Certificates - may be obtained by individuals born in St. Clair County, their parents, or their legal representative.
- Requester must be over 18 years of age.
- Death Certificates - Legal representative or family member
You may write or come into our Office.
Birth Certificates - You'll need to provide:
- The full birth name
- Date of birth,
- Mother's maiden name, and,
- Father's name.
Death Certificates - You'll need to provide:
- The full name of the deceased,
- Date of death, and,
- Place of death.
You will need either photo identification or proof of legal claim for birth records.
For the first certified copy of a birth certificate: $15.00.
Additional copies: $8.00 each.
For the first certified copy of a death certificate: $20.00
Additional copies: $12.00 each.
WHEN PAYING BY MAIL:
Records Request Form
- NO PERSONAL CHECKS
- NO CASH
- ONLY MONEY ORDERS OR CASHIER'S CHECK