ADA Complaints

ADA Complaints
Any individual who feels they have been discriminated against in the provision of a program or service operated by St. Clair County shall have the ability to file a formal grievance, have the grievance responded to and have the right to request an appeal if they are dissatisfied with the resolution of their grievance. The procedures to be followed in filing a formal grievance shall be made accessible to the general public. File electronically with our online Grievance Form.
Who can file a complaint?
Anyone who feels they have been discriminated against on the basis of disability by St. Clair County in the provision of a County program, service or activity has the right to file a complaint by contacting the ADA Coordinator. The County will work with the individual to resolve the complaint on an informal level. If that is not possible, the individual may file as per the County’s ADA Grievance procedure.

How to file a complaint
The County’s ADA procedure is the mechanism by which individuals may file complaints of disability discrimination under the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The ADA office, #10 Public Square, Belleville IL 62220 serves as the conduit between the grievant and the department against whom the complaint is made. Formal ADA grievances can be submitted online or in writing by mail. The ADA office will assist anyone who needs help in completing the form.

Complaints may also be filed with the Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHR)

IDHR offices:

100 W. Randolph Street, 10th Floor
Intake Unit
Chicago, IL 60601
(312) 814-6200 or (886) 740-3953 (TTY)

222 South College Street, Room 101
Intake Unit
Springfield, IL 62704
(217) 785-5100 or (886) 740-3953 (TTY)

2309 West Main Street, Suite 112
Intake Unit
Marion, IL 62959
(618) 993-7463 or (886) 740-3953 (TTY)

Service of discrimination complaints

If an individual, receiving services, believes that he or she has been discriminated against or that his or her civil rights have been violated, the individual may file a complaint with the Illinois Criminal Justice Information Authority (ICJIA), the Illinois Department of Human Rights (IDHR), and the U.S. Department of Justice Office for Civil Rights.

Complaints filed with ICJIA should be directed to ICJIA’s website or by contacting the ICJIA’s Civil Rights Officer at 312-793-8550.

Complaints file with ICJIA may be filed via the web (, mail (Civil Rights Officer, Illinois Criminal Justice Information Authority, 300 West Adams Street, Suite 200, Chicago, Illinois, 60606), or email (

The individual may also file a complaint directly with the OCR at the following address: Office for Civil Rights; Office of Justice Programs: U.S. Department of Justice; 810 Seventh Street N.W.; Washington, DE 20531.