Mapping & Platting is responsible for:
- Approving legal descriptions on all deeds before recording in the Recorder of Deeds Office.
- Enforce division regulations found in the Plat act. The act can be found in the Illinois State Plat Act (765 ILCS 205/1).
- Maintain mailing addresses, property addresses, owner names, deed information, etc. in the St. Clair County tax data base. This is the data base responsible for the creating of property tax bill that is mailed every year.
- Creation of parcel numbers and the redrawing of county maps due to divisions, consolidations, subdivisions, etc.
- Creations and sale of custom maps using GIS data.
- Julie information.